There are very VERY good reasons that I do not respond to emails quickly – lack of time being foremost – and I sincerely apologise to anyone who has been waiting to hear back from me (or Angela, for that matter).
I try to respond as quickly as I can, but the following activities tend to get in the way (people considering becoming publishers/editors, take note):
- Working two demanding full time jobs (managing editor of Black and the day job magazine) – with the corresponding lack of sleep. Hell, I’m up at 1am writing a blog post on why I don’t sleep or have any spare time.
- Reading slush for Midnight Echo issue #2.
- Judging for the Australian Shadows Award.
- Managing HorrorScope (and the pile of HorrorScope/Black mag reviews)
- Burning and posting out Black Box CDs.
- Various AHWA-related volunteering.
- and other things I can’t even remember right now!
Consequently, I do not write fiction, watch television, trawl the internet, eat properly, meaningfully interact with my family, or have the opportunity to socialise for any meaningful length of time.
If I owe you an email or three, believe me when I say you are on my mind (and in my inbox), and I will get back to you… eventually.
I’m adamant that the things above will settle down next year and I may find some actual leeway in my schedule (you know, to write or see the sun again), but in the meantime, if you desperately need to reach me (and despite the above, I will be happy to speak to you), you can call me.
Posted in: Uncategorized